Some things like eating, speaking, or brushing are common to all of us, and it is supposed that everyone can do them properly, but it is not true. Some people are diagnosed with some oral issues, such as Overbite. It is a concerning problem for many people in our surroundings. So, there arise certain questions: is it curable? How does it happen? What are some possible ways by which it can be cured? And many more. If you also have some questions related to Overbite, hold them because they will be addressed in this article in detail.
What is an Overbite and its type?
Orthodontics have described many types of misalignments in the mouth, such as crossbite, open bite, and underbite, and one of them is Overbite. Overbite is a mouth-related issue in which the upper part of the mouth, i.e., jaw and teeth, overlaps the lower part of the mouth, i.e., teeth and jaw. “Buck teeth” is a slang that can be used for misaligning teeth.
Overbite can be further bifurcated into two categories, i.e., vertical Overbite and horizontal Overbite. Vertical Overbite is when the upper mouth overlaps the bottom part of the mouth, while Horizontal Overbite is when the lower teeth are stuck out by the upper teeth.
How and why are Braces the best possible solution to Overbite?
Braces treatment is one of the most conventional traditional methods orthodontics has used for nearly 300 years. Now, the profession has evolved to the extent it provides different color braces.
It generally uses a metal wire, elastic bands, and metal brackets to align the teeth in a proper series. Following are some steps that it involves:
- X-Ray: The first thing an orthodontic surgeon do is to examine the Overbite and the relationship between the jaw and teeth.
- Braces Attachment: After examination, the orthodontic surgeon attaches the braces on the lower and top arches of teeth. These wires will correctly align the teeth.
- Use of Rubber Bands: Small rubber bands will reposition the jawline in this stage. These bands will be removable at the time of eating or brushing.
- Retainer: A retainer would be required to keep the treatment intact after the whole treatment. Furthermore, a permanent wire can sometimes hold the teeth and jaw intact.
After the treatment, you can feel the difference in braces before and after Overbite.
What is the reason behind Overbite?
Genetics is understood to be the only reason behind Overbite, but this is not true. Yes, it is one of the reasons, but there are some other reasons behind the overbite issue, such as:
- Thumb sucking after the age of five
- Chewing pen or pencil regularly
- Breathing from the mouth at the majority of times
- Biting nails at regular intervals
What is the cost of metal braces in overbite treatment?
The metal braces cost
differs from case to case, but it generally costs around $5,000 for children and can vary between $5,000 to $7,000 in case of adults.
Overbit is not an issue that is not curable; we have described to you how it can be cured with the help of overbite braces.
Now we will take a leave, but you can visit braces hollywood fl,
for more personalized information.